Reporting to: Sales Director, EMPAC
The SANS Institute
Established in 1989, SANS Institute is the largest information security training organisation in the world. SANS provides intensive, technical training designed to impart the skills and techniques necessary for defending systems and networks against the most dangerous threats - the ones being actively exploited. SANS training is led by world-renowned, expert instructors and the curriculum covers all the most crucial areas of security. Training can be delivered in a classroom at a SANS training event, privately in the workplace or online. SANS training is aligned to GIAC certification.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- To work alongside the Sales Director to manage and develop a team of Data & Market Analysts located in the SANS Swansea Office, who are responsible for improving quality and the efficiency of data within SANS.
- To collaborate with the wider business, playing an important role in assisting with the implementation of new processes based on facts and data driven arguments.
- To make key recommendations for change and continuous improvements and developments, ensuring processes and working practices are carried out in line with agreed policies, procedures and operating frameworks
- To implement effective methods in which SANS uses data across the business, whilst controlling the quality and efficiency of data within SANS.
- To recruit, manage and develop a team of Data & Market Analysts, ensuring the team are focused and motivated to achieve team and Company objectives in relation to data and market analysis.
- To contribute towards effective business decisions by interpreting key business data and delivering informative, well-organised presentations and updates with recommendations.
- To gather information in relation to SANS business activity from a variety of sources to interpret patterns and trends.
- To report back information to the Sales and Marketing teams, on trends, patterns and findings in an appropriate business format.
- To use established statistical test methodologies to ensure all analysis activity is measured in a robust and consistent way.
- To build and publish automated dashboards and visualisations in Tableau to support the on and offline customer journeys that will support trading and planning cycles.
- To review the current data solutions being used and design plans to deliver improvements.
- To undertake market research in relation to analytical and reporting tools to ensure the SANS reporting suit is cutting edge and data and market analysis is managed in accordance with industry best practice.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Proven background as a Lead Data Analyst with 1 or more direct report.
- Proven track record in managing a team of Data/Market Analysts.
- Experience of recruiting, managing and developing a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience of working with C-level stakeholders.
- Strong commercial awareness, with an ability to think strategically.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Experience in data models and reporting packages such as SQL, Dax, Power Query, Power BI, VBA, Python (we are not expecting knowledge with every area)
- Delivers informative, well-organised presentations and updates.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Creative thinker with an ability to identify creative solutions to business issues and problems whilst suggesting areas for improvement in internal processes.
- Ability to manage change, whilst aligning and prioritising multiple demands within strict deadlines
- Computer literate with an ability to use MS Office packages to a high standard.
- Ability and desire to travel
- Competitive salary.
- 25 Days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Company Mobile Phone and Macbook
- Excellent career progression.
- Opportunity to represent a market-leading brand and play a key role in the region.
- Be part of a growing international community and working in an international environment and committed team
- Working in a dynamic environment in which personal responsibility and team spirit complement each other and which is characterised by open communication
- Good and well-founded induction training including an individual development plan and attendance of SANS courses
To apply, please email your CV via the 'apply button' and state the position you are applying for in a short covering note.