The use of Data Analytics and Data Science to drive insight and decision making is key to ITV’s future. Our strategy is to continue to grow our successful Production and Broadcast businesses whilst building a world class portfolio of digital ‘direct to consumer’ products underpinned by industry leading monetision capabilities including programmatic advertising and subscription management. All of this will be enabled by strong Technology and Data analytics capabilities.
To support our aims we are creating a Data ‘Centre of Excellence’ (CoE) which will consolidate, coordinate and strengthen our data analytics and data science capabilities across the company, under the guidance of our newly appointed Chief Data Officer (CDO). All of this must be underpinned by a scalable, robust, secure and highly performant Data Platform and Infrastructure, built using best of breed, cloud based technologies.
Reporting into the Technology organisation, but working very closely with the CDO and Data CoE, the Data Platform Product Manager will be responsible for building, evolving and running the Data Platform and Infrastructure.
We are looking for a passionate, forward thinking, highly skilled individual with a passion for data and strong domain experience in Data technologies to drive the evolution of a platform that can power ITV’s data enabled future. This is an exciting, wide ranging and strategically important role both in terms of its technical brief but also its key contribution to ITV’s broader transformation objectives.
Key Responsibilities Data Platform Vision and Technology Strategy
- Champion a viewer centric approach to product development ensuring regular delivery of effective product enhancements.
- Develop the Data Platform strategy to support the wider ITV strategy:
- Increasing viewers, viewing and growing advertising revenues.
- Create deeper, direct viewer relationships to support stronger monetisation.
- You will lead the data product strategy, working closely with the CDO, Commercial and DTC teams to maximise viewer and business value.
- You will have a strong working relationship with the ITV Commercial team delivering a data platform to improve ad-related products.
- Accountable for the operational priorities for the Data Platform Product team
- You will document the data platform product vision and clearly communicate it to the business, inspiring and influencing direct and indirect stakeholders.
- Develop viewer-centric and outcome focussed measures of success (e.g. OKRs) to drive product and business success.
- Champion a balance of viewer-centric, insight driven product development with instinctive decision making to ensure quality but speedy delivery of product enhancements.
- Collaborate effectively across ITV particularly ensuring DTC, Technology, Data COE & Commercial are aligned with the data product team’s plans.
- Work effectively with external agencies and suppliers to ensure the successful delivery of the data platform plans.
- Define the technology strategy and architecture principles that will underpin ITV’s data strategy and ambitions.
- Socialise, champion and evolve ITV’s data platform strategy with key stakeholders
- Keep abreast of the Data Technology and vendor landscape, ensuring that we make well informed technology choices and build and evolve meaningful partnerships with best of breed vendors
- Requirements capture, translation and prioritisation - translate business need into tech implementation
Skills and Experience: The ideal candidate:
- It is essential you are self-motivated and collaborative individual who is able to lead and make decisions effectively.
- Proven experience in OKR and outcome based agile development working with cross functional teams to deliver success.
- Experience in using all forms of user insight, customer research and data analytics to develop products successfully.
- Ability to “make things happen” using creativity, analytical thinking and insight driven decision making.
- Solid understanding of the online video market & a strong understanding of the digital advertising landscape.
- Comfortable making your own decisions, but equally aware of when to refer to more senior management.
- Highly collaborative, working comfortably within a complex matrix environment.
- Approachable leader, mentor and dedicated team player with excellent communication skills.
- Team player who understands the value of delivering through others.
- A passion for TV, ITV and its role at the heart of popular culture.
- A passion for digital products and services and how data insight can be used to improve business performance.
- Extensive knowledge of full suite of components that make up the digital advertising value chain, including DSPs, DMPs, SSPs, and AdServers
- Demonstrable knowledge of data driven, machine learning systems and associated architectures that drive automation & optimisation in digital advertising
- Proven track record of having established successful business relationships, and have influenced and engaged with senior stakeholders including at Executive level