We are currently seeking a Data Science Capability Lead to drive the strategy and growth of our industry recognised, and award-winning Data Practice. To be considered for this role you will be a respected thought leader in the Data Science industry, with experience in building out a Data Science capability. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Data Leadership Team, in growing the team of data practitioners who are delivering cutting-edge data transformation programmes for Financial Services clients. As the Capability Lead you will be leading and driving the growth of the data science capability, identifying business development opportunities on new and existing clients, and aiding the development of client proposals, and propositions.
The Data Science Capability Lead will be instrumental in developing the UK Data Practice, and supporting the broader Global Data Practice in industry changing topics such as Data Science, Advanced Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Intelligent Automation, and Machine Learning. This Data Science team are working on several exciting new technology initiatives like Blockchain, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Open APIs. To be considered for this role you will have had prior experience in leading data science projects, using statistical, algorithmic, mining and/or visualisation techniques to address complex business problems and have demonstrable experience in seeing beyond the numbers. Collaboration, enthusiasm, and encouragement are key in ensuring we maintain our culture, and work in an environment where clients become colleagues. We are looking for a Leader who will empower the team, drive high standards, and deliver customer focused outcomes.
Capco’s global Data Practice of 800+ practitioners are an established team of data strategists, analysts, scientists, architects, and engineers who help client teams harness the power of data to drive insight, optimise performance, and commercialise data opportunities. We enable financial institutions to become data-driven, by helping transform their understanding, and use of data to derive value for themselves and their customers. We translate strategy into action – designing, implementing, and mobilising innovative data capabilities with a focus on efficiency and scalability, and partnering with leading vendors and industry bodies.
Our clients and peers voted us as the A-Team Best Consultancy in Data Management in 2021, and value our ability to identify and develop top data talent. In addition to winning the Best Consultancy of the year 2022 in the British Banking Awards.
AS A DATA SCIENCE CAPABILITY LEAD YOU WILL
- The successful candidate will also play an active part in the Capco Data Science capability, designing and developing projects that utilise our extensive big data assets together with the latest machine learning techniques.
- Identify and research business development opportunities on new or existing clients and aiding the development of client proposals and bids.
- Have a strong commercial focus, ability to develop client relationships, lead sales opportunities, developing data propositions, and speaking to prospective clients about Capco’s Data Science/Machine Learning capability.
- Define approaches to embed and scale machine learning models providing senior data scientist oversight
- Work with the data science team to come up with ideas for reusable assets, solutions and develop best practices for current and future business problems.
- Build market networks and relationships, to enhance the market awareness of the UK Data Practice.
- Create a collaborative culture, driving talent development, provide mentoring and coaching for those developing their careers in data
- Be comfortable working across multiple projects and initiatives, driving the growth of new and existing data capabilities, engaging internal and external stakeholders.
SKILLS & EXPERTISE
- 5+ years of consulting experience in a senior leadership position.
- Experienced in programme execution, business analysis and change management – proven ability to shape, design and manage the execution of data analytics programmes
- Experience in spearheading new business opportunities.
- Experienced working in a multi-client environment that emphasises collaboration, and teamwork.
- Experienced in recruiting and developing teams.
- Experienced working within Financial Services, in a data analytics leadership related role.
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners
and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different.
Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture