Aegon have an exciting opportunity for an individual with a mathematical/statistical/Data Science background to join our Analytics team in a role of Senior Analyst. We are looking for someone with a passion for analysis who enjoys the challenge of bringing data to life to help tackle key business challenges, and who would welcome the opportunity to help us start to build out a Data Science capability alongside managing an ongoing portfolio of more traditional data sourcing, wrangling, and analysis work. This role gives access to a fast-paced environment at the cutting edge of a large business and offers the chance to both work closely with key business stakeholders and to support key strategic projects.
We are looking for
- A numerate data analyst with a genuine interest in data and analysis and strong analytical, creative problem solving and data visualisation skills.
- An individual with strong communication / interpersonal / presentational skills and the ability to relate complex technical concepts and data in a simple and understandable manner.
- Someone with experience of:
- Working closely with business areas to understand analytical needs and deliver high quality insight.
- Sourcing, collating, manipulating and interrogating large datasets from disparate sources in order to prepare analytical insight for presentation to key business stakeholders.
- Working with data manipulation/analytical tools (e.g. SAS / Excel) and also, ideally, data visualisation tools such as Tableau or Power BI to design and deliver dashboards.
- Pushing the boundaries of data analysis into Data Science through having had exposure to advanced analytical techniques, statistical models and machine learning.
- Managing small to medium-sized data and analytical projects and of acting as an analytics representative on larger scale business projects.
- Managing the extraction, manipulation and presentation of core customer, adviser and employer financial and profiling data and for designing, developing and presenting key insight and value analyses to shape and inform strategic and operational activity.
- Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operations, and on occasion chosen external suppliers.
- Building and maintaining productive relationships with key stakeholders in Finance and IT to ensure key systems infrastructure and support are developed and maintained and that requisite regular data flows for analysis are in place.
- Working with others in the Analytical team to help develop our analytics capability by seeking out and taking forward use-cases that can showcase how the power of more advanced analytics, models and machine learning can help Aegon most appropriately respond to key business challenges / opportunities.
- Designing and building engaging and intuitive data visualisation frameworks / dashboards.
- Managing the delivery of small to medium-sized analytical projects.
Competitive salary dependent on experience paying up to £42,000
In return, we can offer you career development and a range of financial services benefits including:
- Non-contributory Pension between 8% and 12% dependent on age
- Flexible benefits including private health care, income protection and life assurance with additional voluntary benefits available
- Subsidised on-site restaurant including Subway and Costa (Edinburgh)
- Free on-site multi-story car park (Edinburgh)
- On-site gym facilities (Edinburgh)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, disability, race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation or gender identity.