What we’re looking for
We’re looking from someone from a data science, actuarial or statistical background who has industry experience of building MI dashboards and using written programming languages (using R in particular) and APIs to make things happen.
You’ll be energetic and have a vision for innovation and the implementation of new technology to achieve great results.
We need someone who is a driven self-starter, but who can also collaborate as a valued team member - able build great relationships and encourage knowledge sharing. You’ll be working with external reinsurance brokers; so effective relationship management skills are important too.
Who you’ll be working with
You’ll have broad reach across DLG and work with a number of our key business areas, including Reinsurance, Capital Modelling, Risk and Claims, to contribute to the development of the Exposure Management function within Direct Line Group.
You’ll also work with our Pricing and Underwriting functions to understand and price for accumulation risk.
What you’ll be doing
- Help lead the embedding and operationalisation of new catastrophe modelling software
- Develop and automate processes which convert data into recognised catastrophe model input files
- Build MI dashboards to help key stakeholders see how our risk is changing
- Liaise with brokers on the modelling of data and embrace new tools to help us manage risk
- Assist with the development of scenario tests and other key risk indicators.
- Plan, manage and deliver specific tasks and projects in a pro-active, timely and accurate manner, providing insights, impacts and recommendations; lead specialised investigations, producing reports and presentations for internal stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for improvements to enable tasks to be performed in a more efficient manner. Challenge current processes appropriately with suggestions as to how these can be refined.
- Develop your business, market knowledge and awareness of relevant industry issues, such as climate change, which impact exposure management and incorporate into the work that you do.
What we'll give you:
We have a strong focus on developing you and your skill set and work hard to give you the tools to do so. In addition to this we also offer a generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave, family and work life balance focused options such as: fully paid maternity leave and parental leave, flexible working, insurance savings for you as well as a range of other optional benefits!
Ways of working:
Here at Direct Line Group, we recognise the importance of flexibility, not only in our personal lives but also in the way we work. Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone.
We’ve ditched the daily commute for a virtual first approach. If you do come into the office, there are exciting workspaces and zones you can use, depending on the type of work you are doing.
How much you’ll be in the office depends on your role, and we’ll consider the flexible working options that work best for you. Please get in touch with the team to discuss.