As Head of Analytics, you are responsible for leading all analytics functions across the business, providing visibility on business performance, along with actionable insights and recommendations that inform both tactical and strategic decisions. Working with the wider insight team, this role is critical in delivering our data led vision.
You will oversee the central (hub) customer analytics and decision science teams; and the function specific (spoke) analytics teams, which includes commercial analytics, marketing analytics. You must ensure all analytics across the business is actionable, accessible, driving commercial value. You must ensure all analysts are supported with training, advice, support and clear direction, whilst ensuring communications across teams is strong.
This role must act as a champion for data analysis business wide, educating all areas across the business on how analytics can add value for them, identifying new opportunities to utilize analytics to drive value, whilst also exploring and implementing new and innovative methods/tools within the data and analytics industry. WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Lead, coach, motivate and inspire a fast-growing analytics team
- Ensure a joined-up approach across the business functions and prioritize analytics workload, ensuring that the most valuable work is always done to answer key business challenges
- Own the development and execution of Gymshark’s analytics strategy, enabling Gymshark to maximize the potential and commercial value of analytics
- Champion analytics across the business, raising its profile by being a visible and accessible analytics leader, ensuring decisions made are data led and encouraging constant collaboration across functions
- Courageously and assertively challenge decisions and strategies across the business, to ensure plans are insight lead and data driven
- Build strong relationships with different areas of the business to ensure they understand the value of analytics, along with understanding their needs, challenges and strategic direction, ensuring your team provide the right insights/solutions which add business value
- Own one source of truth for all analytics across the business, ensuring the data sources and metric definitions are aligned
- Oversee all customer analytics projects and initiatives, including customer segmentation, lifecycle analysis and customer journey understanding
- Oversee all function specific analytics, including marketing analytics (campaign analysis, attribution, channel performance reporting etc.) and commercial analytics (including ecommerce performance, financial analysis and stock/demand analysis)
- Ensure that your team have access to the data & insight sources they need, knocking down any barriers you face to unlock insight opportunities. This includes working closely with the data team and external partners to maintain and improve our data sources.
- Embed insights through the telling of compelling insight stories that are inspiring, understandable and drive action.
- Ensure insights shared are supplemented with relevant recommendations, which have measurable, expected outcomes
- Own and maintain the analytics roadmap, ensuring projects are prioritized effectively and provide deliverables that align with relevant timelines across the insight team and the wider business
- Provide the businesses with in-depth understanding of the customer journey, creating actionable solutions for the development of an effective, joined up contact strategy across all touch points. Challenge siloed behaviors which prevent this joined up approach to the customer journey.
- Own the definition, reporting, monitoring and forecasting of key metrics (e.g. customer acquisition, retention, sessions, sales etc.), using results to drive visibility and accountability across the business, whilst also ensuring that the senior leadership team are always informed on these KPIs and use them to guide strategic decisions
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Experience within an analytics management role, using analytics to influence the decisions of senior decision makers, to deliver positive business results
- Exceptional people management skills with the ability to lead, inspire, develop a growing team
- Exceptional communication and people skills, ensuring you can remain up to date with the analytics needs of the business, whilst also ensuring your teams are aligned and collaborative in their approach
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills, with the ability to educate teams on how analytics can support them, along with the ability to be assertive in challenging decisions and requests from stakeholders at all levels
- You have excellent influencing skills, with the ability to persuasively sell findings/recommendations, and affect strategic decisions at senior leadership level
- An expert communicator and storyteller, able to explain reports and insights in a compelling and engaging way, always reinforcing the ‘so what’ and providing actionable recommendations
- A commercially minded individual with the ability to identify valuable opportunities for analytics initiatives across all business functions
- Ability to effectively prioritise workload for your team, understanding which projects will drive the most commercial value and ensuring your team works efficiently on all projects
- A resilient individual with the ability to take on high pressure projects and situations, remaining unphased and continuously focused on the task at hand
- A strategic thinker with the ability to understand the big picture and where analytics should support on strategic projects
- In-depth understanding of technical skills used across all applications of analytics, with the ability to advise on and challenge chosen methodologies, ensuring the right techniques are used to complete projects.
- In-depth understanding of advanced BI and analytics techniques (predictive modelling, segmentation, forecasting etc.) and analytics software/languages (Alteryx, SQL, R, Python etc.)
- Significant knowledge of go to market functions, including Marketing, Trading, Product and Brand
Advertising End Date:31 Jan 2021