Hastings is a data driven company within the UK general insurance market; our vision is to become the best and biggest digital insurer.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our combined team of Actuaries and Data Scientists, championing the latest machine learning techniques to leverage powerful insights from vast amounts of data analytics.
We’re looking for a Lead Data Scientist, to lead the identification and creation of cutting-edge data assets and predictive models feeding into Hastings’ market-leading pricing strategy.
- Create and maintain analytical tools to manage our risk portfolio
- Develop best in-class models to predict claims and fraud outcomes
- Engineer powerful new rating factors to be deployed into our rating algorithms
- Identify, analyse and monetise new data sources
- Champion reusable, maintainable, automatable, and innovative data processes
- Mentor junior Actuaries and Data Scientists
What we’re looking for:
- General Insurance experience, working cross-functionally with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Actuaries and Risk Pricing Analysts
- Experience using structured query languages (SQL)
- Experience using Python and ML libraries to build data science/machine learning products.
- A natural problem solver, innovative, and curious to spot new opportunities and enjoy engaging senior stakeholders in the delivery of strategic change
We appreciate the importance of bringing teams together, and how this can support our collaboration and communication. So we offer a hybrid working approach from our Bexhill and London offices.
We’ve got big growth plans, joining our Data Science team will be like joining a start-up that happens to be attached to a growing and successful Insurer with the capital needed to invest and succeed in data capability.
A real opportunity to make this role your own, whilst making a difference in a fast-paced, flexible and data focussed environment.
Some of the great benefits we offer
- Upto 10% contributed pension scheme
- Up to 20% bonus earning potential
- £5k car allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.