Are you passionate about seizing the opportunities that big data brings to the mobility industry? Join us as Lead Data Scientist at Toyota Connected Europe.
We are a new company created to bring big data into various aspects of mobility.
You will leverage telematics data from vehicles to build models for B2B and B2C mobility solutions. By doing so, you will make user experience more fun, efficient and safe.
You will be joining us at the beginning of TCEU’s journey of building our team and products. This is an opportunity to have significant impact and voice, and co-define the future of data science in the mobility industry. It also means that the role will suit a self-starter with ownership mentality, who is flexible and adaptable to change.
What would you be doing?
- Provide technical leadership – you will serve as technical lead on data science projects and to other data scientists
- Design and develop models for mobility solutions
- Optimise, deploy and monitor models, working with the Data Engineering teams
- Implement Data Science and MLOps best practices and tools
- Lead a small team of talented data scientists
- Work with Product to develop solutions effectively serving our customer’s need
What are we looking for from you?
- Min. 5 years of demonstrable hands-on experience in designing, developing and deploying statistical/machine learning models. Industry experience is a must
- Experience with a range of data science techniques from statistical modelling to deep learning, from linear models to neural networks
- Proficiency in Python and SQL
- Software engineering experience, can deliver code in well-tested CI/CD pipelines in cloud infrastructure
- Strong background in Linear Algebra, Statistics and Mathematics
- Good knowledge of data science libraries, toolkits and frameworks (TensorFlow, Keras, Spark, etc.)
- Natural problem solver, driven and curious
- Experience working cross-functionally with engineering and product teams in a collaborative environment
What would push your application to the top of the list?
- Experience working with telematics data
- Experience working on automotive/mobility use cases