At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Are you passionate about using data to drive business decisions?
Do you enjoy developing robust solutions that have a wide-reaching impact?
Are you as enthusiastic about sharing insights with clients as you are about discovering them from the data?
If so, we have a great opportunity for you!
You will be working in a small, agile analytics team within Global Markets – Operations & Enablement team; we work with EY’s global leadership to ensure that the best data and analytics-driven insights are used in strategic and operational decision-making across the firm.
Within the analytics team, you will lead be the data science lead, responsible for ensuring that our analytics and the analytics products that we offer internally across out 300,000 strong organization are bringing the full power of data science to the table to enable EY to make data driven decisions that drive market leading growth for the firm.
Alongside delivering and influencing best in class use of data science, you will have product ownership responsibilities and lead on projects that provide innovative, data-driven perspectives on key business questions, helping to frame and disseminate the narratives that will ultimately guide how investments are made across our business.
Your key responsibilities
As Data Science lead, you will ensure that the analytics team is making the best use of available data science methodologies across our portfolio of analyses. This will include reviewing our existing solutions and proposing alternatives where beneficial, as well as working to devise best in class solutions to new business questions as they arise.
In this key role, you will also contribute to a wide range of analytics projects across the team, e.g.:
- Account segmentation
- Performance analysis
- Predictive analysis on growth opportunities
- Data hygiene and imputation processes
- String matching algorithms
- Return on investment analysis on key initiatives
- Recommendation systems
- Automating reporting outputs
Across your product ownership responsibilities, you may be required to:
- Gather requirements from key business stakeholders
- Develop innovative solutions to the stakeholder requirements, challenging the status quo when required to impact how the business operates
- Create and lead global project teams across our onshore and offshore teams and other stakeholders to deliver commercial and business-oriented solutions
- Provide technical direction across the project phases, running review sessions and/or pair-programming with other team members to ensure high quality outputs are delivered
- Create compelling deliverables (e.g. presentations, dashboards) to communicate key insights and recommendations to senior audiences
You will also coach and mentor junior colleagues and peers in their technical development through hosting training sessions and informal knowledge sharing.
Skills and attributes for success
We are a diverse team with a variety of skillsets across the data and analytics domains. You are a motivated, curious, technically skilled, and solution-oriented individual that will use their unique blend of skills and experiences to elevate the value that our team can bring to the business.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Demonstrable experience in relevant data science roles
- A deep understanding of the benefits and limitations of a range of statistical and analytical methods (regression and classification methods, recommendation engines, etc.)
- Experience using SQL to manage and manipulate data for analysis as well as meaningful hands-on experience in either Python/R to deliver data science solutions
- Experience in at least one version control system, preferably Git
- Experience of at least one AGILE way of working (e.g., scrum / Kanban) and an understanding of how to manage requirements to prioritize business value
- Experience of working directly with stakeholders and effectively telling a story with data, especially for audiences with a non-technical background
- Experience in developing decision-making models to inform specific actions
- Good understanding of database design, including schema design and versioning data
- Exceptional attention to detail within the data and all areas of your work
- A strong academic record, ideally with a degree in a technical subject
Preferably, you’ll also have some of the following:
- Experience identifying use cases for automation and designing & implementing automated solutions, ideally in the production of data-driven reporting
- Experience in at least one data visualization application e.g., Tableau, Spotfire, Power BI
- The ability to determine and explain an appropriate visualization to illustrate a key insight
- Experience building interactive dashboards
What we offer
As part of this role, you'll work in a highly integrated, global team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits available in your country. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Please apply to this role only through the ‘Apply’ link (not through the local office). Your application will then be routed to the appropriate recruiting team.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.