Why apply for this role?
As our team is expanding, we’re now seeking a Quantitative Analytics Manager to join us.
This high-profile role sits within our Provisions and Stress Testing
Methodology team. You’ll be responsible for the development and maintenance of a suite of models that cover both retail and corporate portfolios. Your ability to continually develop and improve modelling methodologies and standards will make you a key player within the bank.
There is also the option to be involved in the day- to-day management of analysts, or instead you may choose to focus on being a technical specialist.
If you’re someone who’s performed a similar role already, or are ready for the next step up, this could be the perfect opportunity to develop your career.
What you’ll be doing
- Working alongside a team of technical experts through the development and ongoing maintenance of IFRS9 and stress test models using AGILE planning techniques.
- Inspiring colleagues by sharing knowledge, giving feedback and supporting innovation.
- Creating models that meet the needs of our stakeholders by collaborating with them throughout the development process.
- Setting industry-leading standards for model developments, documentation, monitoring and ongoing model reviews.
- Supporting the business owners in understanding where the model risks exists and how they could be mitigated.
- Being part of a team that continually looks to improve the way we do things.
What we’re looking for
- Proven track record and practical skills in model developments(IFRS9, IRB and stress testing methodologies.)
- Excellent quantitative ability and experience in relevant mathematical approaches(time series forecasting, scorecards, transition matrices, decision trees.)
- Thorough understanding of regulatory / accounting requirements applicable to the area of modelling (IFRS9, stress testing, IRB)
- Proficient programming skills to develop risk models and tools (SAS, Python or R)
- Relevant academic qualification (or equivalent experience) in quantitative subject (mathematics, physics, statistics, econometrics)
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
How we’ll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans