Oxford Nanopore Technologies is headquartered at the Oxford Science Park outside Oxford, UK, with satellite offices and commercial presence in many global locations across the US, APAC and Europe. Oxford Nanopore employs from multiple subject areas including nanopore science, molecular biology and applications, informatics, engineering, electronics, manufacturing and commercialisation. The management team, led by CEO Dr Gordon Sanghera, has a track record of delivering disruptive technologies to the market.
Oxford Nanopore’s sequencing platform is the only technology that offers real-time analysis (for rapid insights), in fully scalable formats from pocket to population scale, that can analyse native DNA or RNA and sequence any length of fragment to achieve short to ultra-long read lengths.
Our goal is to enable the analysis of any living thing, by anyone, anywhere. We offer real-time nanopore-based DNA/RNA sequencing technology: accessible, easy to use and fully scalable for any requirement.
- Reporting to the Senior Data Analyst within the Nanopore Research team, you will:
- Perform exploratory analysis from a range of nanopore research projects.
- Write bespoke tools for novel analyses as well as embracing the latest algorithms from the machine learning team to train base-calling models to evaluate nanopore performance and identify leads.
- Truly multifaceted role from investigating improvements on a wide range of DNA sequencing pores to analysing data on novel analyte detection.
- The ability to connect with experimental scientists is important, along with a strong understanding of scientific methods.
What we are looking for…
- Masters/PhD or equivalent industry experience bioinformatics, computational biology/genomics, biology or related subjects (biophysics, biochemistry)
- Proficient in python programming for developing analytical tools.
- Ability to visualize/interrogate large datasets using python (pandas, numpy, matplotlib) or R Solid understanding of applied statistics.
- Experience of operating in a linux environment and workflow management (bash-based scripting or snakemake/nextflow etc).
- Experience in handling next-generation sequencing data and familiarity of existing bioinformatics tools for data analysis would be desirable.
We offer outstanding benefits to include an attractive bonus, generous pension contributions, private healthcare and an excellent starting salary. Based within beautiful, landscaped surroundings with tree-lined walks, water features and a lake, all of which make for a wonderful working environment.
Looking to utilise your skills to really make a difference to humankind? Then consider joining our team and apply today!
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Oxford Nanopore’s goal is to bring the widest benefits to society through enabling the analysis of anything, by anyone, anywhere. The company has developed a new generation of nanopore-based sensing technology enabling the real-time, high-performance, accessible and scalable analysis of DNA and RNA. The technology is used in more than 100 countries to understand the biology of humans and diseases, plants, animals, bacteria, viruses and whole environments.
Oxford Nanopore was founded in 2005 as a spin-out from the University of Oxford and now employs around 650 employees around the world.