At Bupa, we’re passionate about technology. With colleagues, customers, patients and residents in mind you’ll have the opportunity to work on innovative projects and make a real impact on their lives.
Right from the start you’ll become part of our digital strategy, joining us on our journey and developing yourself along the way.
The role holder will be the primary point of contact for day-to-day provision of insight, analytics and reporting to the UKI Customer Service function. Working as part of a matrix leadership team, taking co-accountability for both the regular reporting schedule Senior Analytics Engineer will lead the team to deliver key metrics and insight to enable Operational oversight of the performance of the Contact Centre in support of our Customers.
How you’ll help us make health happen:
- Responsible for the technical design and definition of all business critical reporting related to Contact Centre performance and therefore contributes to Bupa’s compliance with Conduct Risk frameworks
- Through the broader team build insights that allows the team to proactively identify opportunities for change and improvement, guiding the Operation to effect change in a controlled and measured way
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for development of complex data solutions to address challenges and user stories described by our customers
- Able to critically evaluate options for delivery, maintaining the integrity of the conceptual Data Model
- Develop a deep understanding of the Customer Service Domain, designing and building data, reporting and insights with based on this knowledge
- Understanding the Bupa data estate, both structured and unstructed to maximise opportunities to support the business in delivery of it’s strategic aims
- Utilise PBI as our presentation tool, using data visualisation techniques to present data in a consumable way appropriate to the audience
- Able to code using various languages including SQL, DAX, R and Python
- Collaborate with your peers as a contributor to the KANBAN board, assigning resource from your team to tasks accordingly
- Design and Delivery of targeted MI and insights, making full use of mathematical techniques to deliver commercial advantage
- Provision of meaningful commentary both directly and through the team observing business performance, providing insight in the the ‘why’ and the ‘how’ as well as the ‘what
- Responsible for the definition of data requirements from the broader MI community, in the MI&A team and beyond, acting on behalf of the customer
- A strong leader, you’ll mentor and coach your team to enhance and improve the product delivered by the team
- Utilise the teams quality and test framework through day to day production to allow for effective risk management
- Support third party insight either at our Outsource Partner locations of through our digital product partners
- Acting as the primary deputy for the MI&A Manager
Key Skills / Qualifications needed for this role:
- Significant coaching experience in a technical data led field
- Experience of advanced and complex data delivery and data presentation techniques
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Knowledge and practical / applied experience of using coding languages such as Python, R, Dax and SQL
- Knowledge of Microsoft data products including PowerBI
- Significant stakeholder management experience
- Confident working in a matrix environment
- Experience working within a risk framework
- Project Management experience
Our benefits are designed to make health happen for our people. Viva is our global wellbeing programme and includes all aspects of our health – from mental and physical, to financial, social and environmental wellbeing. We support flexible working and have a range of family friendly benefits.
Joining Bupa in this role you will receive the following benefits and more:
- 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sel
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
- Various other benefits and online discounts
We’re a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. Our people are all driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world. We make health happen by being brave, caring and responsible in everything we do.
We encourage all of our people to “Be you at Bupa”, we champion diversity, and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. That’s why we especially encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
As a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview for every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly and offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.