ICF is a global management consulting services company with over 7,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future.
We are expanding our services, and to support this growth, we are looking for a Senior Researcher with a strong interest in quantitative methods and analysis to join our growing team. We provide research, evaluation and technical assistance services to EU institutions, in particular, the European Commission (including DG HOME, DG JUST, DG FISMA, DG ECFIN, DG SANTE), as well as other European organisations.
Our current portfolio of projects reflects the diversity of our work. Examples include a back-to-back evaluation on population statistics for Eurostat, an impact assessment on the Long Term Residents Directive and Single Permit Directive (DG HOME), and an Evaluation of the Victims Rights Directive (VRD).
The position entails carrying out quantitative analysis in a wide array of fields that could range from economic and financial policies to justice and consumer policies, migration, security, health and food, and environment. The level of complexity of the analysis will be commensurate to experience, however, as a general indication, quantitative tasks may include:
- Macro/Micro-data cleaning, merging, construction of variables for analysis,
- Descriptive analysis (computation of means, median, measures of dispersions),
- Computation of indicators (e.g. Gini coefficient by EU Member State),
- Contribution to cost-benefit/cost-effectiveness analyses,
- Contribute to the design of surveys developed for specific projects, and analyse their results using appropriate statistical techniques,
- Literature reviews,
- On-site visits and client meetings,
- Collaborate closely with other project teams, and external partners and stakeholders,
- Contribute to drafting reports, studies and briefing papers on topical issues,
- Researchers may also be required to describe the research results through drafting dedicated sections of our research and evaluation reports, and to present the results to clients.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
You will typically be working on a few projects at a time, interacting with all levels of ICF staff and external stakeholders. We are interested in individuals who can demonstrate a real interest in European policies in the areas we cover, combined with strong quantitative, analytical, writing and organisational skills. We are looking for candidates with a relevant University qualification preferably in Economics, Statistics or Quantitative Sociology.
- Statistical and econometric knowledge,
- Knowledge/experience in using Stata or SPSS is an asset, for data cleaning and data analysis as well as writing do-files,
- Good knowledge of Excel. Daily Excel tasks include analysing data using pivot tables and using basic excel calculations functions. Knowledge of Excel and Stata will be tested,
- Knowledge of the foundations of Economic analysis (e.g. Cost-benefit/cost-effectiveness analyses) would be an advantage,
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.