Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
What’s it all about?
The Data Science, Senior Manager, acts as a Data Science evangelist across Product and several key functions in the organisation. We are seeking strategic and analytical thinkers to lead data driven strategies in support of Product and market growth scorecard targets whilst raising the data maturity/ democratisation/ self-serve capability across the organisation. The role will partner with functional leaders to agree the prioritisation of a pipeline of projects and insights that accelerate the delivery of Visa's market and client growth strategies including client take up of Visa Products and Value Add Services
What we expect of you, day to day
- Lead practitioner of data science, analytics, and insight to internal clients/ Visa-as-a-client supporting functional business areas to achieve their Product and market growth scorecard targets
- Build relationships as a trusted advisor with functional business areas with an ability to articulate Visa’s strategy & functional strategies, translate into data roadmaps, 90-day plans and project delivery excellence
- Be a role model for the Data Science team, building the brand internally, cultivating a lean operating model, advocacy, champions, and data skills across the business
- Proactively works with Product and other functional teams in the hub and across Europe markets to drive data science business development opportunities in support of Product and market growth scorecard targets
- Solves complex business problems by articulating a vision (technical and business) breaking down the business context and translating into execution of formal solutions (operational excellence)
- Manage all aspects of (multiple) data science projects lifecycle within planned timelines as an individual contributor and upskilling others to achieve best practice project discipline (including documentation (MRM), QA, and data governance and privacy policies)
- Create and deliver action orientated business-centric insights from data through better visualization and storyboarding
- Prioritise competing demands on capacity and proactively keeping stakeholders aware of project execution, innovation, compliance, ethics, development, career pathing, mentoring, culture building, unplanned strategic priorities
- Contribute to the import and export of global data science solutions and actively shares knowledge to raise best practice across regions and scale solutions
- Contribute to innovative solutions, build prototypes and IP to business questions using statistical /machine learning / artificial intelligence algorithms
- Knowledge and experience of building data products, maintaining and analyzing variables to ensure data accuracy and consistency, and working with stakeholders to propose updates and schedule product refreshes
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you.
What we’re after...
- Current hands-on experience in:
- Data science and analytical functions working flexibly as an individual contributor with some experience as a matrix manager and/or team leader preferable
- Processing extremely large data sets and knowledge of payment network transactional data preferable
- Payments (physical and digital), retail banking, retail merchant industries
- Consultative skills to establish effective relationships and project delivery with internal clients, functional and client facing teams.
- Commercial focus contributing to scorecard targets and experience with a management-consulting firm a plus
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style, with the ability to communicate and tailor data driven results to key stakeholders and wider audiences
- Results oriented with very strong analytical, consultative and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- The ideal candidate holds an advanced degree in a quantitative field such as data science, statistics, mathematics, or engineering
- Experience in using a variety of data science tools, in selecting the right one and in coaching others doing the same
- Strong Proficiency in advanced analytics, data science techniques and emerging forms of machine learning tools:
- Descriptive and predictive modelling
- Manipulating large data sets and data quality cleansing techniques
- Modern distributed systems including Hadoop/SQL and Apache Spark (ANSI/Hive)
- Data analytics/ programming tools such as Python/R/Spark
- Design and build complex outputs in simple dashboards, reports, and visualizations
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.