As a Senior Data Scientist you will work in an agile organisational set-up without extensive hierarchical structure, where all our employees lead from every seat, inspirational leadership, service oriented behaviour and entrepreneurial customer centric mindset are your core values.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Advising and developing data science approaches in conjunction with other innovative technologies and design technical concepts, develop methods and algorithms in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics Process Automation and Desktop Automation.
- Supporting technological roadmap, leveraging innovative technologies to discover use cases
- Driving development of innovative digital solutions in collaboration with RSS and business customers
- Leading various data science initiatives across RSS and other customer groups through selection and development of tools, processing training data, performance assessment and enhancement of respective techniques on diverse data sets
- Defining requirements and work closely with Local and Global Informatics to design, build and maintain digital solutions and support Global Informatics in the selection / development and implementation of advanced technologies
- Staying up to date with new developments in data science and bring innovative ideas of best practices into the implementation
- Developing and maintaining good working relations with the stakeholder communities, including industry and academia
What you will bring to the team:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Psychology, Statistics, or technical field or equivalent experience
- Business Experience (2+ years) in data related fields - experience with research programs that seek practical/predictive significance
- Experience (5+ years) working with large, complex data systems to aggregate, organize, and prepare data for use in business analysis
- Extensive practical and academic background in data and process mining, statistical analysis, machine learning, and predictive modeling to drive insights from data
- Demonstrated experience in bridging business requirements and technical development, preferably in business consultancy companies, e.g. Big4
- Self-driven and ability to work with limited supervision; delivering information in high quality and on time
- Strong team player with interpersonal skills and strong collaborative and solution-focused mindset
- Excellent analytical skills to structure and present complex business challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate analysis, concepts and ideas into convincing information and communication
- Proficiency in English
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.