As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What's it all about?
The Visa Europe Data Science Strategy team drives the modeling and analysis that supports work with many critical internal Visa Europe functions including strategy, product and the office of the Visa Europe CEO. We leverage machine learning, AI, and other approaches to understand and predict consumer behavior to help our partners achieve their business objectives and support Visa’s clients. A member of the Visa Europe Data Science team has the opportunity to get exposure to all parts of Visa’s business while working with a fun team in a fast-paced environment.
What a Senior Data Scientist does at Visa:
The Senior Data Scientist will be part of a team of 7 high performing data scientists and will work closely with Corporate Strategy and the CEO Office in prioritizing, building, and driving utilization of data assets that credibly inform Europe’s executive team and Global stakeholders of Visa performance vs. competitor share and penetration vs. market opportunity/ headroom in traditional and new payments flows.
Key to the role will be strategic thinking, being self-starter, strong statistical background, and strong interpersonal skills.
What we're after...
- Post Graduate degree (or equivalent) in a Quantitative field
- Hands-on experience with one or more data analytics/programming tools such as Hive/R/SQL/Python
- Hands-on experience with visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- Hands-on experience with big data technologies and distributed computing (spark) to manipulate large volumes of data
- Experience in the application of predictive modelling and machine learning techniques
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, and managing multiple analytics projects with diverse cross-functional stakeholders
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style, with the ability to tailor data driven results to various audience levels
- Proven skills in translating analytics output to actionable recommendations, and delivery
- Ability to coach, lead and provide direction to a diverse team of technical personnel
What will also help:
- Prior experience in payments, retail banking, retail merchant industries, or financial services industry preferred
- Good business acumen with strong ability to solve business problems through data driven quantitative methodologies.
- Experience with managing project teams and providing direction and thought leadership
Projects you will be a part of:
- Manage all aspects of (multiple) data science projects lifecycle within planned timelines as an individual contributor and upskilling others to achieve best practice project discipline (including model risk management, QA, data governance and privacy policies)
- Build relationships as a ‘trusted advisor’ with functional business areas with an ability to articulate Visa’s strategy & functional strategies, translate into data roadmaps and execute with excellence
- Leverage Forecasting models to enable proactive planning of investments and actions
- Monitor program effectiveness to ensure value quantification of efforts
- Evaluate and integrate different data sources to enrich and develop data assets to inform business intelligence and strategic planning
- Create and deliver action orientated business-centric insights and recommendations from data to technical and non-technical audiences through visualization and storyboarding
- Contribute to innovative solutions, build prototypes and IP to business questions using statistical, machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithm
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.