The Crop Science team is a leading provider of market analysis and data for the global crop protection and seeds industry covering agrochemicals, biologicals, GM crops, new breeding techniques and digital agriculture. Our analysts work collaboratively with colleagues across the wider S&P Global Commodity Insights division, to serve our clients from over 15,000 public and private sector organizations in over 150 countries. We look to create lasting relationships with our clients that reflect our mutual interests in a sustainable future for agriculture worldwide.
From trusted market data on the products applied to worldwide crops to insightful analysis of mergers and acquisitions, company financial results, new products and impacts of regulatory and legal changes, we help our clients in building robust, well-informed strategic plans and to gain critical competitive advantage in a transforming industry where they play a critical role in addressing environmental challenges and developing sustainable agriculture strategies.
What’s in it for you:
- This role provides an exciting opportunity to join a team of research analysts responsible to report on the global crop protection market, its disruptive trends and deliver actionable market insights for the agrochemical sector.
- Our analysts become experts in the areas they cover and develop extensive internal contacts and networks to enhance their expertise and insight and help progress their careers.
- You will engage regularly with the industry players, from the leading companies to start-ups and attend meetings and conferences with the aim of developing contacts, building your understanding of market dynamics, and establishing your industry profile.
- Gather, process, validate and analyze research data, from proprietary and external sources using modern and traditional methods to create relevant market datasets. Develop models and other analytical tools to analyze specific sectors and comment on industry trends, drivers, and forecasts. Integrate findings with secondary research and market trends as appropriate.
- Authoritative, impactful analysis which provides customers unique insight on the global agrochemical market. Work closely with the regional analyst teams to develop a deep understanding of the agrochemical sector.
- Act as subject matter expert. Remain fully informed on market trends. Keep up to date with research techniques and new ways of thinking in the sector. Provide support to clients through onsite visits, presentations, customer care support.
- Interact closely with colleagues in the wider Crop Science Group to create authoritative, original content which is integrated across our insights, market data and analysis services which inform and support clients in their business planning activities. Provide analytical support to the consulting group on specific ongoing and ad hoc projects
- Contribute to the development of new products, evaluation tools/methods and improved systems; may also act as lead project manager.
- Manage 1 headcount and provide people leadership accordingly. Mentor and train Research Analysts and other team members as needed.
What We’re Looking For:
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in Chemistry or related subject.
- 3+ years of industry experience and the enthusiasm, motivation and interest in learning new publishing and business skills.
- Knowledge of the agribusiness sector and, ideally, some experience in producing market analysis in a relevant role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable in writing about complex or technical information in a structured, interesting way and ability to uncover unique insights.
- Proficient in managing, processing data with advanced excel skills and experience of using data visualization through Tableau or Power BI.
- Solid organizational skills including time management, great attention to detail and the ability to plan and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a remote, collaborative and team-oriented approach.
- Strong networking skills and the ability to maintain a wide network of contacts.
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative, we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.