We are looking for a Research Scientist to work on exciting and challenging business problems related to Amazon Retail’s worldwide product assortment. You will build innovative solutions based on machine learning, statistics, and experimentation. You will be part of a interdisciplinary team of economists, scientists, product managers, and engineers and your work will influence finance and business decisions affecting Amazon’s vast product assortment globally.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, you know how to deliver results fast, and you have a deeply quantitative, highly innovative approach to solving problems, and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
Key job responsibilities
- Work on a challenging problem that has the potential to significantly impact Amazon’s business position
- Develop ML models and experiments to measure the customer and financial impact of Amazon’s product assortment
- Collaborate with other scientists at Amazon to deliver measurable progress and change
- Influence business leaders based on empirical findings
- MSc in statistics, operations research, management science, economics, computer science, or related quantitative field.
- 4+ years of professional experience in analytics or research science
- Strong track record of developing high-quality science/analytics products using big data
- Experience incubating and developing new technology, working closely with other scientists, engineers, and product manager from conception to implementation
- Written and verbal communications skills to convey complicated process and systems to business partners and senior leadership
- PhD in statistics, operations research, management science, economics, computer science, or related quantitative field.
- Strong research track record
- Proficiency in R, Python, and/or Spark
- Experience in analytics/science in a Retail or Fast Moving Consumer Goods business
- Experience and knowledge of experimentation/AB testing
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/pri...) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.