If you have ever bought a product from Amazon, then chances are International Compliance has helped protect you as a customer. International Compliance team is looking for an expert data manager to join an exciting team delivering a global roadmap with impactful solutions for Amazon teams World Wide. This role will lead one of our data teams on high impact projects helping to protect our customers and make data more readily available to decision makers.
We are seeking a highly motivated Business Intelligence Manager with a passion for both people and working with complex problems to create the best user experience for all stakeholders. You are passionate about providing insights from data and have experience in working with large data sets. You are organized, efficient and insist on the highest standards. You are an experienced manager who thrives on delivering projects and developing your team members. You will be required to make important decisions on the technical structure of the project from data pipelines, data models and roadmaps across the globe whilst managing stakeholder communication.
Key job responsibilities
- Delivering a strategic project roadmap with global impact
- Lead a variety of large projects and programs across the wider BIE teams in EMEA and the global org
- Look for opportunities to simplify and automate redundant processes as well as tools to allow customers to self-educate and self-service data
- Translate the requirements of the stakeholders into technical requests to the partner tech teams
- Deliver experimental projects as Proof of Concepts for future tech or science development
About the team
The Insights, Analytics and Automation (IAA) team is a people first team focused on having fun and delivering impactful projects of large scale and technical complexity.
- Experience working directly with business stakeholders to translate between data and business needs
- Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
- Experience managing a data or BI team
- Experience leading and influencing the BI strategy of your team or organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or a related discipline
- 5+ years hands-on analytics work experience, with proven quantitative orientation.
- Experience in leading complex large scale analytical solution implementation
- Advanced skills in SQL, ETL, Data Warehouse solutions and databases
- Experience building measures and metrics, and developing reporting solutions
- Proven ability to structure complex analysis and perform the analysis to drive insights
- Fluency with statistical analytics and programming languages such as R, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Master’s degree or higher in Statistics, Data Science, or an equivalent quantitative field
- 7+ years of industry experience working as a BIE or related specialty
- Experience using Cloud Storage and Computing technologies such as AWS Redshift, S3, Hadoop, etc.
- Understanding of data warehousing and data modeling
- Experience communicating results and business impact of analytical deep dives to senior leadership
- Experience working as a BIE Manager in a technology company
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/pri...) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.