Due to high growth within the company, we are looking to grow our Data Team to help us provide agile data across all aspects of the business. This is an exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst who is looking for a varied and interesting role in Europe’s largest equity crowdfunding platform. The job is based in our Exeter, London or Cardiff office with flexible remote working.
Who we are:
As a leading European retail investment marketplace, Crowdcube raises finance for Europe's hottest high-growth businesses by giving investors the opportunity to back businesses they believe in. Having amassed an investor community of over 1 million people, which has funded over 1,000 businesses, Crowdcube was named the most active investor in private equity in 2020.
Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to democratise investment, helping to fuel the next generation of business who want to leave a mark on the world.
Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,000 campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, Brewdog, Grind, Cowboy, Mintos and what3words.
What you will be doing:
Working within the Data Team to provide agile data that yields insights and inspires data-driven decision making across the business.
Day to day you will:
- Work with all departments across the organisation, to help them understand their data needs and collaborate to provide effective solutions
- Monitor and respond to internal data requests
- Maintain data integrity within internal data systems
- Collaborate with the Data Team to come up with solutions and ideas
- Liaise with one of the Product teams to provide data support and considerations to upcoming and current projects.
- Proficient in SQL, Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience using data visualisation tools e.g. Tableau, Looker
- At least two years relevant commercial experience in an analyst role
- The ability to think critically and solve problems
Ideally you will:
- Have professional experience in a financial context
And will be:
- A great communicator and team player
- Eager to learn and demonstrate critical thinking
- Comfortable working in a fast-changing business
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences and subscriptions to online courses. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £25-30k DOE
- Participation in the employee share option plan (subject to the prevailing company policy at the time)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + holiday for tenure
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched (UK Residents Only)
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA including dental and optical cash plans
- Access to Healing Clouds, a mental health platform
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training and wellness budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling and a day at River Cottage)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren't any trick questions and the task will typically be based on a real scenario the team have worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
We are a flexible workplace. Cuber Choice enables Cubers and future Cubers to do their best work, in whatever way is best for them and the business. We commit to treating all employees equally, whether they are home or office-based. We do not reward presenteeism but focus on impact. Employees may choose a different work schedule to meet personal or family needs. This includes early finishes, late starts, selecting your own working hours, and you may also choose to split your time between home and office.