The adidas Digital Data Science team is looking for talents. We are a diverse team of data scientists that is passionate about data and algorithms lifting insights and actions hidden in large data sets. We work on a variety of use cases, from forecasting to product recommendations, from pricing to allocation. We help our digital customers, managers, business analysts - everyone - to benefit from their data and drive their strategic and day-to-day decision making.
We are looking for data science talents who are as passionate, curious and dedicated as we are and who want to contribute to the sustained growth of our eCom business.
What you'll do
- Be a key contributor in a team of highly skilled Data Scientists from diverse backgrounds like statistics, mathematics, economics and computer science that develops and factorizes complex data science solutions.
- Apply a range of mathematical, statistical, predictive modelling or machine-learning techniques in consultation with experts if appropriate, and with sensitivity to the limitations of the techniques.
- Design, code, verify, test, document, amend and refactor moderately complex programs/scripts and collaborate in reviews of work with others as appropriate.
- Select, acquire and integrate data for analysis.
- Develop data hypotheses and methods, train and evaluate analytics models, share insights and findings and continue to iterate with additional data.
- Investigate operational needs and problems, and opportunities, contribute to the recommendation of improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes and organization.
- Actively contribute to our Communities of Practice and knowledge sharing events.
Who you are
- You have solid skills in Machine Learning (in particular tree-based models, NLP, image processing), exploratory data analysis and feature engineering.
- You should have a solid understanding of statistics/ statistical inference. Knowledge of linear algebra, optimization and time-series modeling would be a plus.
- You have a good command of Python and its state-of-the art analytical libraries (e.g., pandas, scikit-learn, PySpark, plotly). Basic knowledge of R (including tidyverse) is an advantage.
- You are set up for success if you effortlessly work in a Jupyterlab/ Notebook environment and know how to use Bitbucket/ GIT for version control and collaborative coding.
- You have a solid understanding of relational databases and ideally know how to query large databases (e.g., via SQL, Hue, Spark).
- You are familiar with basic software engineering principles (e.g., integration/ unit testing) and the concept of continuous integration. Experience in the use of Jenkins would be a plus.
- Ideally, you have already experience in one of our focus areas (i.e., recommender and ranking systems, website personalization, search engine optimization, demand forecasting, image processing, social media listening, customer lifetime value).
- You know the basic principles of agile development and ideally have already worked as a member of an agile development team.
- You hold a Master's degree in Computer Science/Statistics/Econometrics, or related field with a strong quantitative focus (Mathematics/Physics), PhD welcome but not required
- You have at least 2 years professional experience (inside or outside academia), ideally with a focus on online retailing or sporting goods industry.
- You have excellent professional communication skills (English, written and oral), German would be a strong plus.
- You interact confidently with developers and stakeholders alike and can present your work to technical and non-technical audiences