Bloomberg's Management Reporting & Analysis' (MR&A) Data Science Solutions Team is entrusted to continually improve the ability to make data-driven decisions for Bloomberg's senior management, Product and Sales teams. Our team arms Sales and other client-facing teams with data to optimise their prospecting and retention efforts. We enable Product teams to build better products by providing them with deep insights into customer behaviour and helping them prototype and develop ML-based products. We also build products utilising usage data to improve our customer’s experience. And that's just a sampling of projects from a "typical" week!
We are looking for an experienced data scientist to join our team. You will work alongside engineers, product managers, sales managers and data scientists from across the organisation to tackle complex business problems. You will be responsible for using our extensive data sources to provide both rapid solutions to urgent business questions as well as building products that serve internal/external clients. You'll be encouraged to use the right tool for the job and connect with a variety of partners.
You’ll need to have:
- 2+ years* of work experience (or advanced degree) in the use of statistical analysis and machine learning techniques (e.g. regression, clustering, time series, etc.)
- 2+ years* of coding experience, preferably in Python * Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
- Experience in constructing complex queries in SQL and in pyspark/pandas
- Experience with data visualisation toolkits and graphics generation
- Confident with Excel and presentation software
- Experience testing and validating statistical hypotheses
We'd love to see:
- Experience with NLP methods
- Experience putting machine learning methods into production
- Experience with experimental design and building web apps, html, css, etc
- Ability to work with and explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Outstanding ability to break down large, sophisticated business problems into discrete, achievable steps
- Ability to lead and balance multiple projects
- A passion for solving business problems and making an impact
- Experience with command line and GIT
- Experience with Hadoop/Hive/Postgresql
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org