Reporting to: Sales Director
The SANS Institute
Established in 1989, SANS Institute is the largest information security training organisation in the world. SANS provides intensive, technical training designed to impart the skills and techniques necessary for defending systems and networks against the most dangerous threats - the ones being actively exploited. SANS training is led by world-renowned, expert instructors and the curriculum covers all the most crucial areas of security. Training can be delivered in a classroom at a SANS training event, privately in the workplace or online. SANS training is aligned to GIAC certification.
- To report directly to the Sales Director, playing a vital role in managing all inputs into the SANS EMPAC’s annual strategy cycle.
- To implement a business-wide approach to tracking market and competitive intelligence, and proactively identify trends, opportunities and competition.
- To take responsibility for driving the implementation of key initiatives and projects including supporting the Senior Leadership Team in their formulation of “Go To Market” strategies.
- To work closely with cross-functional and regional management teams at all levels of the organisation on strategic projects, bringing a timely and useful insight and analytical support to the business.
- To structure and solve business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on a wide range of business issues
- To build quantitative and qualitive surveys and models, including survey design, data gathering, data modelling and analysis.
- To lead key research initiatives to better understand our EMEA and APAC markets and the different market trends.
- To partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure the data insights are best leveraged to drive decision-making across the SANS EMPAC region.
- To analyse and understand our potential offering in new locations and demographics, supporting key marketing decisions with a deep understanding of our EMEA and APAC markets, identifying the macro trends and any anomalous activity that could impact SANS.
- To manage multiple data sources to create meaningful insights that support the development of business growth strategies.
- To assessing the Cyber Security industry in various locations to identify and determine which services are in demand.
- To determine the Political, Environmental, Social, Technological, Economic and Legal factors across EMEA and APAC regions, impacting SANS EMPAC.
- To monitor market news and trends, which will be vital to understand and identify potential risks for SANS
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a Data Science related discipline
- Minimum five years’ experience in a similar position
- Strong working knowledge of market research methods, analytics suites, and data visualisations
- Practical experience in driving a research agenda with real impact in a complex and matrixed business environment
- Able to succinctly share and communicate insights at all levels
- Sound commercial and marketing awareness
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to use all Microsoft Packages to an advance standard particularly MS Excel
- Competitive salary.
- 25 Days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Company Mobile Phone and Macbook.
- Excellent career progression.
- Opportunity to represent a market-leading brand and play a key role in the region.
- Be part of a growing international community and working in an international environment and committed team
- Working in a dynamic environment in which personal responsibility and team spirit complement each other and which is characterised by open communication
- Good and well-founded induction training including an individual development plan and attendance of SANS courses
To apply, please email your CV via the 'apply button' and state the position you are applying for in a short covering note.